Message from Steve Galvan
IT Modernization: A Ten Step Execution Roadmap
IT modernization is crucial for cost savings, security, and mission. It requires sound communication, socialization, and collaboration within each Agency. The ten step CIO action plan laid out below is a roadmap for modernization which will lead to early successes which can then lead to impactful and transformative results.
- Assess the current situation using prior internal reviews, OIG, GAO, and Congressional reports. Consider Presidential priorities, mandates and IT modernization plans that leverage cutting-edge technologies.
- Refocus the overall IT vision with a primary emphasis on leadership and sound Governance with essential peer communication and outreach to stakeholders.
- Develop personal working relationships with Agency leadership and program office heads to garner support for the IT vision and strategy.
- Meet with OMB staff and leadership to discuss the IT vision and plans.
- Meet with key congressional members as appropriate, along with appropriations and oversight committee staff.
- Review IT and Agency dashboards to determine if they are measuring relevant metrics aligned to modernization.
- Ensure the Governance processes are robust enough for initiatives such as lower cost Cloud Services, a Digital backbone, TMF, Agile, Shared Services, Cybersecurity, and other modernization initiatives.
- Use Analytics for more effective programs and cost savings.
- Adopt innovative technologies such as RPA and other AI to help enterprise risk management and enhance performance.
- Justify increased funding levels by demonstrating quick wins and using the Technology Business Management framework for value-based cost transparency.
Galvan and Associates consultants have extensive experience advising and creating solutions that will make your business initiatives successful. Our service areas of Information Technology and performance oriented Business Management, as well as Housing Practice, are execution focused to deliver mission results.
Galvan and Associates brings a team of individuals committed to delivering solutions that create value with a level of experience in business and government that is the foundation of our core competencies of:
- A deep understanding of the federal government decision-making process
- An enterprise approach integrating IT, Acquisition, Human Resources, and Financial Management
- A focus on execution and measurable performance outcomes
Our senior-level experience provides us the perspective to assure your initiatives align with your organization’s mission and objectives to improve performance, reduce risk and achieve results.
We continually have had a successful track record of delivering results which is evidenced by our clients awarding us renewal contracts over multiple years and achieving high performance ratings through CPARS and Open ratings.
Galvan and Associates is proud to be awarded multiple award contract schedules through a comprehensive evaluation process. This allows Galvan and Associates to offer a wide range of services to multiple government agencies.
Federal Real PropertyFebruary 19, 2020
Enterprise ArchitectureJanuary 19, 2020
Contract CloseoutNovember 24, 2019
CIO DashboardJanuary 19, 2018
Public Housing Agency Troubled Agency Recovery PlanJanuary 18, 2018
1101 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Suite 300
Washington, DC 20004
3 Grant Square, Unit 331
Hinsdale, IL 60521